Friday, November 4, 2011

deception is the most potent weapon

Deception is satans most potent weapon. It will also be his final weapon in the last days. Satan is the father of lies and according to the Word of God, and he was a liar from the beginning. “Some teacher; some movement or some spiritual activity may be 99% good- but if it contains 1% lie then you will still be 100% deceived.” (A woman’s guide to spiritual warfare by Q. Sherrer) Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation, the only way to the Father. For anyone to say different is an antichrist and deceiver. I have included several verses for everyone to add to their arsenal of spiritual weapons. For the time has come for the strong delusion. And those that reject the truth, The Word of God will be subject to this strong delusion. So it is imperative to be in 100% truth. John 8:32 “and you will know the truth, and the truth will
make you free.” I use these verses for prayer, strength, guidance, sharing the Word with others, etc. So I hope that everyone finds this information useful. And I am praying for everyone during these critical times we are about to be facing. We should be praying that our nation and its leaders will turn from their wicked ways and seek God again so he may repair our land. May the Lord protect your heart, mind, body, and soul against the demonic powers that have taken over this world.  It is important to remember that straying from Gods path opens doors for satan and his emissaries to sneak in. And we all know that sin leads to more sin leads to more sin and the “wages of sin is death.” So removing sin from your life is imperative! This leaves no room for deception in these perilous days. “Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a
foothold.” (Ephesians 4:26)

Another note: realize that it does matter who you spend your time with and what you spend your time doing. 1 Corinthians 15:33 “Do not be deceived: bad company ruins good morals.” 2 Timothy 3:1-5 “This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, high minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.” In other words- IT DOES MATTER WHO YOU HANG OUT WITH and what you spend your time doing. Therefore might I recommend; 1 Thessalonians 5:21 “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.” Realize that all satan has to do is get you to a. sin which leads to more sin, even sinful thoughts give birth to sin. or b. deny Christ.

I would love to hear any ideas or feedback regarding these new notes I am posting. These are meant to encourage you in your seek for the truth and for discernment.

Arsenal of weaponry against Deception:

            1 John 4:1 “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but test the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.”

            2 Thessalonians 2:9-11 “Even Him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. and for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”

            1 Timothy 6:3-5 “If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions, perverse disputing of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.”

            Matthew 7:15 “"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.”
           
            Ephesians 5:6 “Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things Gods wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them.”

            Romans 16:17-18 “I urge you, brothers to watch out for those that cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you learned. Keep away from them. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of the naïve.”
           
            John 8:31-32 “If you hold to my teaching you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.”

            Colossians 2:8 “See to it that no one takes you captive by through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.”

            James 1:14-15 “Everyone is tempted by his own desires as they lure him away and trap him. Then when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, brings forth death.”

            2 Timothy 4: 3-4 “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they draw to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto myths.”

First step is to deceive even the elect or Gods people if possible, then the second step would be the hardening of the heart and/or blinding to the true Gospel. Choke out the Word of God and satan now has full control over any person by blinding them from the truth and making them feel a righteous path is not the way.

            Matthew 24:12 “Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.”

            2 Corinthians 4:4 “In whom the god of this age has blinded the minds of them who believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” (satan will blind the minds of those that have strayed from Gods righteous path and lead them astray with false teachings and teachings that tickle the ears- or are pleasing to the ears.)

            2 Timothy 2:25-26 “In meekness instructing those that oppose them; if God perhaps will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.”

            Mark 4:19 “And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.”

            Matthew 9:38 “Pray you therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth laborers into his harvest.”
           
            Psalm 101:7 “He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.”

            2 Corinthians 10:12 “Not that we dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who are commending themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding.”

            Deuteronomy 11:16-17 “Beware that your hearts are not deceived, and that you do not turn away and serve other gods and worship them. Or the anger of the LORD will be kindled against you, and He will shut up the heavens so that there will be no rain and the ground will not yield its fruit; and you will perish quickly from the good land which the LORD is giving you.”
           
            Deuteronomy 13:6-8 “If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son, or your daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend, who is as your own soul, entices you secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which you have not known, you, nor your fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:”

            Proverbs 26:25 “Though his speech is charming, do not believe him, for seven abominations fill his heart.”

            Proverbs 12:19-20 “Truthful words stand the test of time but lies are soon exposed Deceit fills hearts
that are plotting evil joy fills hearts that are planning.”

      Jeremiah 9:4-9 “"Beware of your friends; do not trust your brothers. For every brother is a deceiver, and every friend a slanderer. 5 Friend deceives friend, and no one speaks the truth. They have taught their tongues to lie; they weary themselves with sinning. 6 You live in the midst of deception; in their deceit they refuse to acknowledge me," declares the LORD. Therefore this is what the LORD Almighty says: "See, I will refine and test them, for what else can I do because of the sin of my people? 8 Their tongue is a deadly arrow; it speaks with deceit. With his mouth each speaks cordially to his neighbor, but in his heart he sets a trap for him. 9 Should I not punish them for this?" declares the LORD. "Should I not avenge myself on such a nation as this?"

The verses are pretty clear. We are in the midst of deception. Are we going to seek the truth no matter how much we are persecuted for it? Or are we going to seek the doctrines that insist its ok to keep sinning and not calling out people from their deceptions? Below is a prayer I said from Spirit Warriors Prayer Guide by Quin Sherrer. I pray all of you avoid and turn from deception and seek Christ our savior as the only answer. Please feel free to comment. Love to all.

“O Lord! How easy it is to be deceived! Father forgive me for the times in the past when I failed to heed your voice and turned to my own understanding for the answers. Forgive me for falling into false teachings and idol worship. And please show me any areas of deception in my life where satan could sneak in. I pray Father that you forgive me for my disbelief in your Word and for falling for satans traps. Seal my heart with your blood Lord so satan can not enter. For I know I am weak without you Lord. Help me to walk in your ways and listen to your voice alone. Keep me from error Lord and give me discernment regarding your Words. I seek the only truth that comes from you Lord. May I continually put my trust in you alone Lord. I bind satan and his emissaries from blinding and deceiving my mind and heart from the truth. I am covered in the blood of Jesus and am no longer on the path of deception. Thank you Jesus for my salvation and guiding me with the Holy Spirit. In Jesus name I pray. Amen”

7 comments:

  1. I love the prayer at the end. How often are we so willing to want to love, trust, and believe even those whom are close to us that are even deceived.

    Great article. It really shows me how much more I need to be relying on God for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comments! I am new to the blogging world and just realized these comments were here. Thanks for the reads. Feel free to share if God leads you to do so. God bless! Also I am always looking for other important topics to discuss regarding our current times- if God puts it on your heart to do so please share some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always tell the Lord to led and guide me into ALL truth. Because I've learn, through more than 20 years serving the Lord that I need His entire Truth. I do not need bias truth from man. So, because I trust not myself and my way He leads me in the path of righteousness for His name sake. Because the truth is the truth, we that can see are not blind to the truth. WE CAN NOT FELLOWSHIP WITH DARKNESS. We must let go of all things that soooo easily beset us and run the race according the rules. And the Holy Spirit will convict us when we error if we surrender daily. He is so sweet and kind. At night time, when I talk to the Lord my feet warm up; they get super hot. The Lord does this to remind me that he is still with me. Glad to know you as a Sister in Christ. Plan on meeting you in glory, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know you as well. This was definitely a divine appointment for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Amie for the comment. Please feel free to share anything the Lord puts on your heart. This is a learning experience for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work. https://www.apesurvival.com/giveaways/strikepen

    ReplyDelete