Monday, November 7, 2011

Spiritual Warfare Weaponry Part 1

Spiritual Warfare Weaponry by Christan

Discernment is needed. “Why address the issue of open doors to the enemy? To help everyone overcome generational weaknesses and iniquities, break the cycle of bondage within their families, and make their home a spiritual refuge. Then they can move on to fulfill God’s purpose for their lives and become powerful in spiritual warfare.” A Woman’s Guide to Spiritual Warfare by Quin Sherrer.

Many may not know that we face spiritual warfare on a daily sometimes hourly basis. There is a battle going on for your soul. And when satan is released on Earth in these last days, he knows he will only have a short time, so this warfare is going to get more intense by the minute. In my past study I compiled some verses about deception and how satan traps us in his snares of sin to drag us away from our relationship with Christ. In this section I am going to gather up some more verses for your arsenal of weaponry. Again please feel free to comment as I would love to hear some feedback about my studies and other verses you might want to share. And of course this is to the Glory of God as always. Everything I am writing here is to share the Word of God with others. Please feel free to ask questions as well. We will never know anything. How could one possibly gain more wisdom, discernment and grow in our relationship with Christ if we fail to seek out the truth and dig deeper? Be aware, satan knows the bible, he also knows each and everyone of our weaknesses. How about we build our relationships with Christ together by having the Word of God written on our souls, so when they take our Bibles from us… the Word of God and the Holy Spirit is still IN US and readily available for God to use at any moment? For we “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” (Ephesians 6:12) aka SPIRITUAL WARFARE. There is a war going on for your soul! It’s imperative to protect it with the blood of Christ and his armor. If you are not preparing now, how will you prepare in the midst of a drag out war?

            Matthew 10:28 “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”

This to me means, this world and our adversary may take this fleshly body but will never take me away from my relationship with Christ. I have devoted my life and soul to him. We are his property. They can take our Bibles and all the “stuff” of this wicked world that many sadly put before God, but they will never take our salvation. And the closer you get to God, the stronger your hedge of protection and armor will be! Be strong in Christ.
           
            Hosea 4:6 “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.”

            Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”

Seek the truth! Seek Christ and he will seek and protect you. He wants each and everyone of us to be saved and join him in heaven! Below are many verses that will be broken up into subcategories. I pray they are helpful and useful to all who read. And feel free to share the Word of God! I am thankful that God has put sharing these studies on my heart. I have been praying for a way to help prepare others for the times to come.

Christ’s cry for his people to return to him.

Isaiah 44:22 “I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, your transgressions, and, as a cloud, your sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed you.”

1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

Weaponry Against Strife (Strife definition: Heated, often violent dissension; bitter conflict. at discord. 2. A
struggle, fight, or quarrel. 3. Contention or competition between rivals)

Psalm 141:3 “Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.”
           
Proverbs 4:23-24 “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Avoid all perverse talk; stay away from corrupt speech.”

Proverbs 15:1 “A soft answer turns away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.”
           
Proverbs 21:23 “He who guards his mouth and his tongue, Guards his soul from troubles.”
           
Matthew 12:37 “"For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

Romans 12:18 “If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.”
           
Philippians 2:3-5 “Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus

James 1:19 “Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:”

Weaponry against grief & disappointment

Everyone experiences loss and grief. It’s important to remember that God is our refuge and will help us get through any situation. There has never been anything put upon us that is not common to man and God would never allow us to be overtaken by anything unless we submit to the adversary. So in times of need, it’s imperative to reach out to him and not earthly resources that can lead us into deception! He is right beside you. Call out to him! Christ loves each of us and when we are in pain he wants to comfort us. Lay your burdens at his feet.

Psalm 119:50, 76 “This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me. Let your steadfast love comfort me according to your promise to your servant.”

Proverbs 3:25-26 “Do not be afraid of sudden fear Nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence And will keep your foot from being caught.”

Hebrews 12:2 “Looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.”

Lamentations 3:33 “For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.”

Matthew 5:4 “Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.”

Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble”

1 Thessalonians 4:13 “But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.”

1 Corinthians 10:13 “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”

Weaponry Against Anxiety & Fear

I am a victim of stress, fear and anxiety the majority of my life. So I definitely sympathize with anyone who experiences those moments of fear and panic. I actually wound up in the emergency room with a massive anxiety attack where I was then diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I went to several months of therapy that didn’t seem to help, but did bring a lot of things into the open. I didn’t realize that God was reaching out to me again during this and nothing but him would suffice! I was not properly prepared for the spiritual warfare I experienced at that point and was not in a balanced relationship with Christ. Therefore I unfortunately succumbed to things of this world that “attempt” to make us forget problems like alcohol, film industry, etc. I am thankful that I came back to Christ and am no longer reliant on anything other than Christ. I pray that everyone reaches the same point. The battle for our souls will continue to worsen as we get deeper into these perilous last days. This is a daily battle! We need to, as the body of Christ, prepare for this battle of hearts, minds, bodies, and souls. We each have a void in our hearts and souls that can only be filled with Christ. And satan knows this. So by getting people to fill this void with other sin filled vices, he has already won the battle. So until everyone realizes that you will never be complete with Christ in your heart, satan will continue to lead astray the sheep that belong to Christ! Prepare yourself! And realize that nothing in this life is more important than your relationship to Christ. Like I said in my last writings, deception is satans most potent weapon!

1 Peter 3:14 “But even if you suffer for doing what God approves, you are blessed. Don't be afraid of those who want to harm you. Don't get upset. but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;”

1 Peter 5:6 “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:”

1 John 4:18 “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has to do with punishment. He that fears is not made perfect in love.”

2 Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

Romans 8:31, 39 “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?” “Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creation, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Luke 12:32 “Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom”

Isaiah 54:14 “In righteousness you will be established; You will be far from oppression, for you will not fear; And from terror, for it will not come near you”

John 16:33 “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

Proverbs 3:24 “When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.”

Isaiah 41:10 “'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

Isaiah 43:1 “But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!”

Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you."

2 Chronicles 20:15 “And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.”

Hebrews 2:14 “Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,”

Weaponry against Depression and Burn Out

Since fruits of the Spirit are joy, happiness, gentleness, etc (verse below) it is safe to say that negative spirits such as depression and anxiety are from satan and our own emotional desires, since we do have free will. When experiencing these emotions and roller coasters it important to realize where such emotions come from and that God is your strength and does not want you to experience these torturous things. Turn to him. I find much strength and rejuvenating in Gods Word. Nothing can hold you back if you constantly seek Christ in moments of weakness. A nice verse refresher on a daily basis helps me remember where such “emotions” come from where and that it’s NOT the end of the world as I use to believe. Burn out and impatience with people is something I struggle with. I constantly pray that God will teach me patience with people. I find it difficult and get extremely overwhelmed and irritated at times. So we all experiences moments of weakness. The Word of God is the BEST therapy besides praying for me! Walking in the Holy Spirit 24/7 is the best way to avoid the snares of the devil. And irritation, anger, depression, etc are all ways satan can trap us up into a big ball of neverending sin! I pray these verses help you as they have helped me! It is important to remember that we have free will which means we do make our own choices-good or bad! That’s why it’s important to keep yourself on the righteous path in order to avoid such chaotic and painful consequences of the actions of bad decisions. Thus creating a pattern of sin in our life.

Galatians 5:22-23 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.”




(more to come soon but I wanted to post this ASAP)

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is fantastic. I Think this is exactly what everyone needs, especially, us Christian's. We cannot get enough encouragement these days.

    How would you feel if I did a newscast on your work? Not the whole things, but on overview to show people that this info is here. Let me know.

    GREAT JOB!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please DO SHARE if God instructs you too. The Holy Spirit has been leading me to get this information out ASAP because perilous times are coming and we need to equip ourselves with the Word of God. So absolutely share!!!! We are instructed by God to seek the truth and share it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. made notation of scriptures so that our group of believers can memorize them. be blessed sister in Christ

    ReplyDelete